ICSTI presents in-person and virtual events throughout the year. Virtual events include webinars and other discussion-oriented programs. ICSTI’s annual meeting typically includes ITOC and TACC workshops, member-to-member presentations, general assembly and executive board business meetings, and other programs. ICSTI annual meetings are usually affiliated or co-located with another relevant conference in order to maximize value for attendees.
Previous conference partners include FORCE11, Shanghai Competitive Intelligence Forum (SCIF), the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP), the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T), and the Research Data Alliance (RDA).
ICSTI Annual Conference 2022: Global Progress in Open Science Implementation December 1st, 2022
At the conference, researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other ICSTI-member and non-member stakeholders shared both recent Open Science policy developments and their effects on STI management, as well as new tools and recent technical achievements that better enable STI organizations to support Open Science.
- Conference workshops
- Business meeting
- Member-to-member session
FORCE2021: Joining Forces to Advance the Future of Scholarly Communications December 7th-9th, 2021
Presented by FORCE11 in collaboration with ICSTI and other community groups, including EIFL, ASAPbio, Global Young Academy, Sage Bionetworks, Software Sustainability Institute, AGU, IFMSA, Open Knowledge Maps, COAR, and DOAJ
Keynote address “The Future of Science Work: Pandemic Impacts on Scientific Communication & Collaboration” organized by ICSTI
ICSTI Virtual General Assembly October 19th, 2021
- Business Meeting
- Members’ Fair on Open Data – ITOC & TACC co-organized session
ICSTI Virtual General Assembly December 3rd, 2020
ICSTI Annual Conference, Shanghai September 24th-26th, 2019
- Open Innovation: Assessment Approaches and Tools – workshop
- Open Innovation: Business Practice – panel session
- Open Science: Latest Developments and Initiatives – ITOC workshop
- Technology Enabled Innovation in Open Science – TACC workshop
ICSTI Annual Conference, London September 10th-11th, 2018
- Innovations that Work – special session
- The Scientific Library of the Future – ITOC workshop
- Discovering and Connecting Related Research Objects in the Modern Science Landscape – TACC workshop
ICSTI Annual Conference, Washington, DC October 26th, 2017
- Next Generation Metrics for Open Science – ITOC workshop
- Machine Learning and Its Applications to Scientific and Technical Information – TACC workshop
ICSTI Annual Conference, Barcelona April 4th, 2017
The ICSTI Exchanges series brings member organizations together with STI stakeholders from around the world to exchange ideas and innovations in STI creation, dissemination, and use. Exchanges sessions are free, public events open to all in the STI community.
The ICSTI Connections series offers members an informal forum to discuss common challenges in STI and share their experience and expertise. ICSTI members propose session topics and provide volunteer session moderators from among their staff. Connections sessions are members-only events and represent one of ICSTI's unique member benefits.
- Research Data Management and Workflows in Universities - Transforming Data to Knowledge
- From Information to Knowledge with AI
- Blockchain for Science
- Text and Data Mining : The Way Forward as Seen by the Library, Publisher and Researcher Communities
- Enabling Innovations for Researcher Workflows and Scholarly Communication